Pre-departure

by Johanna Chipman
Toronto got 15 cm of snow on the day we left. 


As we prepared for our adventure in Jamaica, we first had to do a little bit of background research. The students enrolled in the course split into two groups. The group I am a part of is looking to see if offering tours of the caves found on Geddes Estate would be a feasible venture for them to add to their amenities. This means exploring the caves themselves and doing some market research beforehand. This background work included writing a draft plan on some of the things we will/ should be looking for, generating questions for the management of the estate, and questions for tourists as well.

I've gotten to know some wonderful people since the start of the course, and before we even took off for Jamaica a lot of us became so close! Two of the girls I roomed with before catching our flight to Jamaica even helped repack my suitcase before we left for the airport so that I wasn't over the 50-pound weight limit. This leaves me some room for souvenirs to bring home!
Beatrice, Eno and my mom, Peggy, helped me repack. 


I can't wait to begin all of these adventures with this great group, and I'm looking forward to what is to come!

Johanna Chipman is a 3rd Year Business and Fine Arts student at Nipissing University. She is working with Team Caves for this expedition.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Organic Farming and School Visit

Hahom!

Beach Scenes